Living Well Beyond Cancer is a self-management program for post treatment cancer survivors and caregivers. Based on a program researched and developed at Stanford University, the CCS offers 2 ½ hour six week programs in select locations throughout Ontario. Small groups are led by trained peer leaders who have had a cancer experience. A Living a Healthy Lifestyle workbook is provided free to all participants. The program is interactive and includes:
- Self-management and self-efficacy skills such as making action plans
- Symptom management and treatment side-effects
- Goal-setting and problem-solving
- Strategies to manage medications and handle difficult emotions
- Nutrition, diet and exercise
- Working and communicating with a healthcare team
Registration is required.
Current and Upcoming Events
Registration: Ottawa Unit, Canadian Cancer Society, 613-723-1744 ext. 3621
When: Every Thursday for six weeks, starting September 12, 2013
Time: 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Kitchen/Boardroom - Maplesoft Survivorship Centre
1500 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa, K1G 3Y9
Registration: Kathy Kwan, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 416-480-6003
When: Every Thursday for six weeks, from May 30 to July 4, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Where: Odette Cancer Centre (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
PEARL (Patient Education Research and Learning Centre), T-wing, 1st Floor
2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto