Living Well Beyond Cancer is a self-management program for post treatment cancer survivors and caregivers. Based on a program researched and developed at Stanford University, the CCS offers 2 ½ hour six week programs in select locations throughout Ontario. Small groups are led by trained peer leaders who have had a cancer experience. A Living a Healthy Lifestyle workbook is provided free to all participants. The program is interactive and includes:
- Self-management and self-efficacy skills such as making action plans
- Symptom management and treatment side-effects
- Goal-setting and problem-solving
- Strategies to manage medications and handle difficult emotions
- Nutrition, diet and exercise
- Working and communicating with a healthcare team
Registration is required.
Registration: Susan Wright, 416-480-6003
When: Six consecutive Thursdays from January 16 to February 20, 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Where: Odette Cancer Centre (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
PEARL (Patient Education Research and Learning Centre), T-Wing, 1st Floor
2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto - FREE PARKING